I always manage to miss the “Spring Cleaning” that should be done at out house. Instead we tend to opt for the “Fall Clean”. I’ve already worked away at:
1. the office – I managed to clean through paperwork that has been piling up all year
2. the kids rooms – I have gone through all the toys and tried to organize them in bins – each kid has a big drawer to toss all the toys in.
3. basement closet – this closet collects everything that doesn’t have a home in the house. I wasn’t actually able to purge anything from here but organizing it went a LONG way since now I double the space in it!
4. kitchen pantry – The floor of our pantry was a mess! I ran out to IKEA and bought an organizing shelf from the kids section and have all my containers & lids organized and oils etc in a pull out drawer.
5. Art bins – we have 4 art bins for K and so I had her help me clean it out. She did a great job of testing that all the markers actually worked and we got an entire large garbage bag out of the bins and into the recycling bin!
6. Laundry room – I finally got through all the camping blankets and put all the sleeping bags away and can now walk into the laundry room
7. Lastly I went through my e-mail. I unsubscribed to any emails that I don’t read frequently. After signing up on many sites it gets ridiculous checking e-mail and can even be stressful! I also put filters on e-mails I do like to read but would rather catch up on when I get a chance – this way they don’t come to my phone every 5 seconds.
It sure feels good to clean house once in a while! The drawback is that my garbage bin was full Monday and garbage pickup isn’t until Friday!